Sanudo Tower

In the region of Melanes and particularly in the location called Kabones, it is located the tower of the Duke of Naxos, M. Sanudo with his name on an inscription situated on the building’s lintel.
It was built in 1615 with a defensive character while it was probably used as a summer resort. Near the tower, there is a Catholic chapel as well as a watermill.
this is naxos magazine
Sponsors